Jenny's Tips for Battling Nerves

Dear Jenny,
What do you do when your nervous? I have this really big test coming up, and I’m super nervous. This could define my grade! I have been trying to get it off my mind, yet I somehow always end up thinking about it! What should I do?
levelup_jenny_45_posedJenny: "Dear anonymous,
I know it can be overwhelming to face exams, especially this time of year.  It’s okay to have a certain amount of stress; it can help to motivate you. Always keep in mind that it’s up to you to decide what you can or can’t handle! Try not to focus on failure with upcoming exams, instead find ways to cut down on stress. There are many ways you can free your mind of uncertainty!
You can start by making a list of your favorite activities, tape it to your wall and when you realize that you’re getting way too nervous, stop and pick one thing off the list, and do it! Try to free your mind from all your worries and have fun! Eating well, exercising, and a great night’s sleep are excellent ways to keep focus. Sometimes just reading a book or chatting with your bestie can help you unwind and sleep better.
The most important thing is to stay calm and be confident.
Good luck!"

0 comments